It’s election week in New York, and it’s critical that you exercise your right to vote. Here is our recommendation for the governor race, based on weeks of study and facts.
DNY recommends Tom Suozzi for New York Governor.
Unlike his opponents, Suozzi advocates for accountable public safety, quality of life regarding affordability and crime, helping our troubled schools, and fighting corruption in Albany.
Suozzi is the only candidate on the ticket with a positive track record on human rights. He remains pro-choice and pro-marriage equality at a time when the fundamental rights of all Americans are under threat from both far sides.
Here are a few highlights we thought you would like to know:
- Tom Suozzi promises to keep people safe. “Criminals must understand that there will be serious consequences for their actions.”
- Promises to fix the failed Bail Reform law and implement precision policing models while supporting Mayor Adams’ Neighborhood Safety Teams.
- Promises to remove any District Attorney who refuses to enforce the laws of New York State and improve the state’s broken Juvenile Justice System
- Promises to expand Kendra’s Law to allow judges, police, social workers, and family members to get mentally ill people the help they need.
- Promises to create a Multi-State Commission to stop the flow of illegal out-of-state guns.
- Promises to craft a comprehensive, multi-billion dollar plan to build affordable homes and apartments throughout the state.
Our next governor must reflect the interests and values of New Yorkers, not the extremes’ ideology.
If you want change, you must vote in the June primary. We all know that the primary lead is likely to become the general election winner. Do not delay. Early voting is June 18-26, with election day on June 28.